Monday, January 31, 2011

Real. Good. Advertising.

For about 3 weeks, there were two identical billboards on the highway.  One was visible on the ramp going towards I-595 and the other was visible while heading West on I-595.  I couldn't find any images online and a photo wouldn't do the billboard justice, so I threw together to give you an idea of what the billboard looked like.  It was a plain white billboard with black Arial font that read "cancer" only.  For three weeks, I wondered who was sponsoring this ad.  Nonetheless, I thought the message was pretty compelling.  I took the ad as a way to symbolize how prevalent and real cancer is in our country.


Then, just last week, the billboard changed.  It no longer said just "cancer"...it looked like this:


When I saw the new ad, I was floored.  The message in the ad is so powerful I had to share it with everyone.  It's pretty incredible how a simple billboard like these can leave such a strong impact.

Hope you enjoyed this little gem it as much as I did!

Love,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...