Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Apple iPad: To Keep or Not to Keep? That's a SERIOUS question.

This  morning while gliding on the elliptical machine, breaking news appeared on the television screen above me.  "Apple begins production on iPad2."  Really, Apple?!?!?  I kid you not.  Last night, while Ben and I were at the Apple store, I said to the Appleman, "I heard the iPad2 is coming out this year...potentially the end of March."  He responded, "Was that one of those rumor sites? Apple hasn't even told us whether they are coming out with a new one or not."

Okay, I understand he is not legally allowed to divulge Apple secrets, but I called it!  When I saw the news this morning, first thing I did was check the Wall Street Journal Article that released the information.  Come to find out, the info was actually released yesterday.  The day I bought my new iPad.  Sweet, Hannah.  Not sure if I'm the luckiest or most unlucky person ever.  The best was when I texted Jodi about it this morning she said, "Ahhh haha Hani that would happen to you,"

The iPad two is "expected" to be released by Easter, which actually falls at the end of April this year.  So, guess it's not so bad to have this new iPad today.  Easter is like three months away and that's a long wait.  The iPad2 is said to have the same resolution, but it will be lighter, have more memory, and have a camera.  While weighing my options I came up with several prose and one con to whether "To Keep or Not to Keep":

Pros:

  • The iPad2 has the same resolution, so it's not like my screen will be any better looking
  • I don't really want to go back to the Apple store and pounce on an employee to help me.  They're always so busy.
  • While the iPad2 will have a camera on it, I already have a camera, so meh?  And video conferencing?  I'm not that Big Business yet!
  • More memory?  I'm not a tech guru so I don't plan on downloading things that will confuse me.
  • The new one may be lighter, but this one is already super light.  The lighter it is the more likely I am to fling it on accident.  Plus, I'd have to buy a new case.  It's $40 for the one I bought yesterday, which in retrospect is petty cash compared to the price of the iPad itself haha.

Cons:

  • I feel like I'm a psychic and want to show the Appleman who sold me the iPad I was right :)


Guess I'm going to keep the new iPad I just bought for now.  I was so excited about it and still am.  Can't wait to play with it when I get home!

Love,
Miss Cleo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...