Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MAGIC in Vegas - Day 2

Starting off Day 2 in my black, cotton, 3/4 sleeve dress (wear this one on the reg).  I added a turquoise blue bow headband to give my outfit some color.

Not so normal (well, maybe for me it's normal--amy i know you're laughing because I never do real smiles in pictures...)


normal face

When we got to the WWD MAGIC Trade Show for Day 2, we did lots and lots of clothing shopping.  I purchased some really cute things for when my website goes live!  Product starts coming in over the next few months, so I can't get images of them yet.  But once product starts coming in, I start photographing them and popping them up on the web!  I've been working on the website layout for the past few days...lots to do, but I'm enjoying every minute of it :).

Mid-day, Katty and I went to another blogger seminar at Teen Vogue.  This time, it was a DIY Tutorial held by Erica, who writes for P.S. I Made This.  We all made these pearly-looking slash Mardi Gras bead necklaces with brooches on them.  By "we" I mean everyone who didn't wait in line like Katty and me.  It was pretty hilarious actually.  No one was there for her whole speech, and then as soon as the free stuff started appearing, people swarmed!  While we didn't make full necklaces, we did get the beads and ribbon.  The brooches apparently were in high demand.  Have no fear though, I decided to make a necklace out of my own from one ribbon and two strings of pearly beads...I'll post about it soon!




Here is a photo of the DIY table.  Yes, that girl has bright pink hair.  Her makeup was mildly entertaining also.  I wish I was that brave.



So after our little DIY moment, we went around the trade show floor some more.  I recently acquired a Twitter account (FOLLOW ME!) and of course one of the people I am following is the Snooks.  At around 4PM, I was checking my Twitter feed when I noticed Snooki had tweeted that she was at the MAGIC show in Vegas!  She wasn't in the women's fashion room.  She wasn't in the urban clothing section.  She wasn't in the Menswear section (although I'm sure she would have liked to be).  She was at PLATFORM, the shoe section of the trade show.  Shoes?  Yep, she has her own line of Snooki Slippers, and I have photos to prove it.  Anyways, back to my Twitter revelation.  Once I saw she was so close, I had to find her.  Katty, Alyssa and I swiftly made our way to PLATFORM to catch a glimpse of this little (literally) TV superstar (she is to me).  We were instructed to go to the way back left corner of the showroom because Snooki was giving out autographs.  Yay!  We made it to her alleged autograph area and found nothing but a cardboard figurine.  Talk about disappointment.  Whatever, we took pictures with the fake Snooki anyway.  Look how little!  Granted I'm standing a bit in front of her statue, but you get the point.



Luckily for us, an employee at the show came over and let us know that Snooki had in fact been there.  15 minutes earlier.  Rats!  But he did say she had a real booth selling real shoes and that she was really there.  He pointed us in the right direction and we were off.  

Here she is!  No, it's not the cardboard statue you see, she is below it.  No she is not wearing heels either.  She is wearing her Snooki Slippers.  


Some more Snooks....she's being interviewed by someone.  That someone was actually courteous enough to put on a pair of slippers later on in the interview.



After seeing Snooki, we were done for the day.  We went back to the hotel, relaxed a little, changed and then it was off to peruse the town and grab some dinner.  First stop: The Bellagio.  The Bellagio is not only known for their fountain dances (photo later), but also for their beautiful gardens.  Because it was recently the Chinese New Year, everything was decorated with an Asian theme--all made out of plants.  For a while I didn't understand why they had a HUGE rabbit made of grass, but then I realized it's the Year of the Rabbit, duh how could I have forgotten.  

Here's a picture of the rabbit--pretty creepy looking in person.


After the gardens, we walked past a chocolate store where they had a chocolate dressed mannequin.  I love chocolate and thought this was genius.  Not practical for humans due to body heat, but still, genius.


Stomachs started growling so we headed over to the Cafe inside the Bellagio.  In front of the Cafe they had a touch screen menu--whaaaaaaat!  I had never seen one of these before.  Technology is truly amazing.


After a delicious dinner, we went outside to watch the Bellagio Fountain Show.  It's beautiful, amazing and entertaining.  The dancing waterspouts remind me of real dancers almost.  The fountains move to the music, which makes for a spectacular show.  This is definitely a little gem worth seeing if you're ever in Vegas.


By the time we roamed around some more it was midnight Vegas time and 3AM Florida time.  I was pretty much sleep walking.  It was off to bed and on to Day 3 for us.

Love,
Hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...