Thursday, April 7, 2011

DIMS ~ What started off as a project for wine corks...

When boredom strikes...head to Michaels craft store!  Originally, I wanted a new container for the growing collection of wine corks Ben and I have in our kitchen.  Currently, they are sitting in a margarita glass which was crafted-ly (not much of a real word but I hope you know what I mean) hi-jacked from a Mexican restaurant with Jayne a few years ago...but I digress.  Back to the story.  So Jayne and I went to Michaels with the intentions of finding cool glasses to paint in cool colors to make them look artsy and cool.  What we thought would be an hour long project, ended up taking about 10 minutes and we spent more time rubbing the large fishbowl glass because it felt cool then actually painting.  See below:



Caught red handed ;) ... clever, Jayne


Jayne's awesome martini flower...my not so awesome red bowl, which at first was multi-colored and looked more like a fire than art.  That's where the rubbing came in and we made it just red.  


Then, clever Jayne again said...why not make it into the Cool-Aid Man!  GENIUS.


Lesson learned: I still need a new container for the wine corks.

DIMS-in it,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...