Monday, April 25, 2011

Key Lime Pie...the "I don't know how to bake" person's dream recipe

I few years ago, I stumbled upon a recipe for Key Lime Pie that I still use today.  I tweeked it a little (by tweek I decided to use 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk instead of measuring out specific ounces) to make it easier to make.  The reason I say it's the dream recipe for someone who doesn't know how to bake, is because of how easy it is to make it.  Seriously.  And you can make it even easier for you if you buy pre-made graham cracker crust.  And it's nearly impossible to burn it.

I'd like to add, by the way, that I've converted non Key Lime Pie people into Key Lime Pie Lovers with this dessert!

What you need:
  • 9" graham cracker pie crust (or larger if you want...it will still fit)
  • 2 cans sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces each)
  • 3/4 cup key lime juice (located in the juice section of your grocery store usually)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
What to do:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice and sour cream in a bowl until smooth.
  3. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
  4. Stick the key lime pie in the oven for 15 minutes and you're done!
Love,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...