Monday, June 13, 2011

Maracas!

There's this incredibly colorful restaurant located just south of Oakland Park on US-1...it's called Maracas.  Every time we'd pass Maracas I'd talk about how badly I wanted to go.  I mean there were streaming lights, a wide screen projector on the patio, colorful patio umbrellas, multi-colored walls--how could I not be tempted!  Finally, a coupon came up on one of the coupon sites I use (I'm on 4 different ones, just sayin) for Maracas: $15 for $30 worth of food and drink.  I bought it in a heartbeat.  A few weeks ago, Ben and I went and had a grand old time.  We sat at the bar and made friends with another group of people at the other end of the bar.  Funny how that happens...

Pre-margaritas: I wore my technicolored scarf for decorative purposes--I matched the restaurant--which, by the way, had a life-size sombrero when you first walked it.  It was great.

 

Got me a "Skinny Margarita" for round one.  It was so good!  After that we got the 2-4-1 house margaritas.  Again, so good.


For food? NACHOS.  I'm not a big fan of Mexican food for two main reasons: 1. you smell like the restaurant after you leave and 2. everything tastes like EL PASO seasoning mix.  I don't get it.  But there are certain Mexican restaurants where they have black beans on the menu and other food items that don't leave a Mexican-flavored-burp taste in your mouth for 24 hours.  Maracas is one of those good ones.  (there's Zona Fresca too--yum).


Planning on going again sometime soon.  This time, we're going to bring along more people with us so they can enjoy Maracas as much as we did!

Maracas Mexican Bar & Grill

Love,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...