Thursday, January 27, 2011

Smooth n Melty or Smooth n Melties

If you read the title really fast, the two names sound identical.  But there is a slight difference.  One is called Smooth n Melty and the other Smooth n Melties.  A difference so small in name, and taste! 
When was the last time you bought a package of Smooth n Melty mints?  (Do you even know what they are?)  I feel like the only place you can ever find them is at Marshalls or TJ Max; they’re always at the front of the store or by the cash registers (eesh, they always throw last-minute buys at you there and I can’t help myself).  Well, I usually can never find them when I’m in the mood for candy, especially because I have no idea where the nearest candy store is (love those).  But when I found out Target sold a their own version of Smooth n Melty mints, called Smooth n Melties, I had to try them.  I did.  They’re good!  The difference in taste between the name brand and the Target brand is unnoticeable, and the only real difference (besides the name I guess) is that the Target brand mints are a little bit lighter in color.  But I’m not superficial when it comes to choosing candy.  If it’s sweet, I like it.

I started to like these little gems a long, long time ago.  It’s one of my mom’s favorite candies, and when I used to work with her at one of her Uniform Advantage stores in Miami International Mall, we used to always get a bag of them at the candy shop across the way.  Getting to eat Smooth n Melty mints was the highlight of my day because candy was never at the house (which may have contributed to my dangerous addiction to sweets).  I kind of forgot about these candies, but within the past year, I started getting them again—with the generous help of Target.
Yesterday, I had a candy craving.  So what did I do?  Went to Target and picked up some Smooth n Melties (and Reese’s Pieces—oops) that what.  Not sure why I felt the need to take a picture of my purchase on the conveyor belt, but I did.


Never tried Smooth n Melties? Haven’t had them in a while?  My blog is making you hungry? Go to Target…it’s time to bring them back again!
Love,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...