Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oscars - Faves and Flops

In my opinion, this past Sunday the Oscars didn't have any HUGE suprises when it cames to winners, WOWs when it came to outfits, or HAHAs when it came to humor from the hosts.  Well, I take that back a little.  There was one thing that shocked me: Anne Hathaway's incredible voice.  I'm not kidding you, I really think she sung live and it sounded amazing.  She's come a long way since The Princess Diaries--great movie and you know it.  Now back to the purpose of this post: The Red Carpet.  Some pretty, some weird, and I think I all the older stars can take some great fashion tips from the youngest star on The Red Carpet...Hailee Stenifeld.  Here are a handful of outfits I thought were worth noting:


 Amy Adams in L'Wren Scott...Pretty out of this world--pun intended.  Intergalactic vibe if you ask me.


Anne Hathaway in vintage Valentino.  I love vintage pieces that don't look over worn and musty, and this dress is far from that.  Bright red, roses, and a pretty train.


afl;skjdf*&Sdgjasd##?@


Gwyneth Paltrow in Calvin Klein.  This dress is actually silver.  I thought it was gold!  Anyway, it's not a bad dress but I posted it because of the gold/silver aspect.


Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa.  Yay!!!!  I think she looks pretty, age appropriate and sweet all in one.  Plus she is wearing heels, and when I was 14 I'm pretty sure I couldn't walk around in heels--let alone fit my wide feet into them.  Props to her.


Halle Berry also in Marchesa.  I'm starting to think I'm a fan of this Marchesa.  While I don't like it as much as Hailee's outfit, Halle looks amazing.  A little gift-wrappish at the bottom, but gorgeous nonetheless.  Oh, and it's funny that both wore Marchesa and both their names start with H and sound very similar.  My name starts with an H. I want one... 


Hillary Swank in Gucci Premiere...eehhhhh, if seaweed were always silver, I wouldn't hate it as much when I was in the ocean.


Jennifer Lawrence in Calvin Klein.  Very simple and classic, red dress.  And according to Camille Grammar (from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills...once married to Kelsey Grammer who went to Pine Crest.  NBD), Jennifer's stylist said nipples are in.  Interesting trend.


Mila Kunis in Elie Saab.  I've been liking her outfit choices a lot lately.  The color is beautiful against her skin tone, and the dress does a great job combining lace, tulle-looking fabric, and some sheerness.  My favorite part of the dress is hard to see here, but it looks like she is wearing a lace bra.


Natalie Portman in Rodarte.  Still making preggo look good.



Award season is pretty much over, so until next year!

Love,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...