Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Smokey Bones ~ BBQ, Birthdays and Boneisms

Two weeks ago I went to dinner with my family at Smokey Bones to celebrate Joshua's 16th birthday (unbelievable how fast he's growing up!  I feel like his voice just changed and now he's almost driving alone).  I love this restaurant not only because of their ridiculously good barbeque, but also because the one in Davie has Trivia Nights (no matter how bad you are they're still fun--Ben let's go again).  Oh and another thing is that they have a great atmosphere that's perfect for big families like mine! 

About their food: If you're looking for some good barbeque at a good price, then Smokey Bones is a gold mine.  I'm not usually a pig person (I do the turkey bacon thing and I'm really into veggies) but Smokey Bones is my exception.  Their ribs are amazing, and the meat just falls right off the bone.  And everytime I'm there I have to have their smoked turkey and/or pulled pork plus their corn bread appetizer.  They have these great platter combos where you can pick two meats and two sides, which together make the perfect sized meal plus leftover potential, so this last time I got two of my faves: smoked turkey and hand-pulled pork.  Their sides are also delicious: fries, sweet potato fries (so hard to find), coleslaw, baked beans, salad, steamed broccoli--all good.

One thing I noticed this last time we went, was their "Boneisms" which were posted throughout the restaurant.  You'll have to go for yourself to read them all, but I decided to take note of the ones they have in the women's restroom.  I was laughing so hard when I was reading them, here they are:

Bathroom "Boneisms"
  1. Restrooms are a great place to freshen up hair and makeup.  They're also a great place to go to the bathroom.
  2. Mirrors are awesome because they point out when you have food stuck in your front teeth.  Although they'd be more awesome if they had pointed it out about an hour earlier.
  3. Hovering takes a lot of skill and coordination.  Not to mention an exaggerated fear of germs. (on the inside of the stall door when I closed it)
  4. There's nothing wrong with asking the person next to you for toilet paper.  Unless you stuck your head under the stall to do so (the other stall door).
  5. When you're in the stall, hang up the call
  6. Courtesy Flush.  It's the right thing to do.
After taking pictures of the Boneisms in the bathroom so I could remember the great lines, I took a bunch of pictures of the food we had at the table.  Only three pictures turned out good enough to post!  The lack of photos is by no means an indication of their lack of food quality--food was delicious but my camera skills and the lighting in the restaurant didn't work well for my blogging purposes.


They have some of the best cornbread I've ever had, and what makes their's even better is the honey-butter spread.


Delicious full-rack of ribs Josh and I were working on, and the leftovers two days later were still just as good.  So good Ben and I ate them cold.


Mini Mixer: It comes with 9 sliders in total.  Three with shredded pork, three with shredded beef and three with bone-less buffalo wing tasting things.


The next morning, my mom and three brothers were flying out to visit Sarah and Ivana, which meant--lots of leftovers for me and Ben!  We filled to the brim three boxes of leftovers, which fed us for a day and a half.  Thanks, Mom and Dad, and thanks Josh for your birthday dinner.



Love,
The Scavenger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...