Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Black Swan

Getting me to stay up past 11 PM on any night can be a challenge, and if you were to stick a movie in front of me at that hour, I'd be out before the opening credits.  So when Ben and I finished dinner on Friday night at 10:15 PM, I was a bit hesitant to go to the 10:30 showing of The Black Swan.  I thought, "An hour and fifty minute movie (that means it's past 11 by the time it's done--snooze), a really dark theater (that's like having my eyes closed already), a movie that looked like I would have to think too much (my brain hurts, I'm tired), a golden globe award winning movie (that usually means it's so good only critics like it) and scary scenes (scary movies means I will have my eyes closed and my ears covered  throughout)."  While all these thoughts were holding me back, I decided I could try to stay awake in the movie.  It was a Friday night and getting in bed before 11 PM is too much of an indicator that I lost my "fun" self and am now in the real world (ehk).  It was off to the theater...

I was up the WHOLE time.  The entire movie was incredible.  I'm a bit skeptical when a movie is raved about by critics because I feel like those movies are never that good in the end--you have too high expectations.  But this movie changed that.  Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis could not have done a better job, and Natalie Portman definitely deserved the Golden Globe a few weeks ago.  I'm not going to give the movie away, no worries, but it ended up being more of a psychological thriller than whatever it was I thought the movie would be like (I had no clue what to really expect).

I'd give it a 100% fresh tomato rating on RottenTomatoes. Guys and girls alike enjoyed this movie, and I hope you do too!

Love,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...