Monday, February 21, 2011

MAGIC in Vegas - Day 1

As promised, I am going to write a little about my trip to the MAGIC Trade Event in Vegas last week.  Four comfy nights, three long days, two sore feet and one memorable trip where I learned a lot, bought a lot and promoted my blog like it was my second job.  

The purpose of this trip for me was to start purchasing product for our online women's fashion website: hannahzier.com.  I went to Vegas with the mindset of finding clothing that fits a comfortable lifestyle with a splash of uniqueness.  I love a comfortable, cute, sexy and simple outfit that has a statement making piece, color or design.  Whether it be a burst of color, an intricate print, a dazzling hairpiece or a bold piece of jewelry (I could go on of course), I think there is always a way to make an outfit stand out in a subtle way--nothing too flashy (although I admit I had my moments back in the day...trucker hats, ripped shirts and, unfortunately, a pleather skirt with an asymmetrical angle at the bottom).

You've heard it before...if you look good you're feeling good, but to me it's more than just that.  To feel good, my outfit has to literally feel good.  If I'm looking good, you bet your bottom dollar that (tomorrowwww) I'm wearing something comfortable.  And by default, I'll be feeling good :).  

So, yeah.  That's how I took on the WWD MAGIC Trade Event in Vegas.  I was on the hunt for clothing for the comfortably sexy girl in all of us.  Honestly, I'm not the biggest fashionista, but I like to think I have a style of my own--comfort (getting repetitive I know, but that's my point).  I can never find a site that caters to just this...so that's what Hannah Zier is set out to do.  Oh, and I love to mix and match.  I get one pair of shorts here, a top there, and can interchange them with several other pieces in my closet.  I like to have items that are multi-functional (I have a pair of black shorts I wear with everything...love them).  That's another thing I hope Hannah Zier will give you.  Pieces you can use more than once, with different things and year after year.  Certain garments and looks can go out of style, but if you combine a piece with something new, it's a new fashion statement in itself.  Ehk!  Okay, I'm done I swear...maybe not, but I will think of things as I go I'm sure. 

I rambled a lot up there but in sum, I want to give you:
1) comfortable, sexy and simple looks
2) statement making pieces
3) multi-functionality

Here's a snapshot of Day 1 for you:

The view outside our hotel room at The Luxor.



On our way to WWD MAGIC!  Wearing one of my favorite pashminas (courtesy of Kelsey and Patrick Robertson's Wedding in Sea Island, GA...wish I had a blog then because I would be all over that weekend)





My mom and I about to go into a seminar on Social Media at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.



Entering WWD MAGIC at Las Vegas Convention Center!!!!!  I was so incredibly nervous.  It's intimidating when you're just starting out. 



The entrance...cool balls...so I snapped them.



We went to a interview sessions hosted by Teen Vogue with top bloggers.  The girl in the reddish/orange is the writer for the blog P.S. I Made This and the girl to her left started the blog Sea of Shoes.  I kinddddddda felt like they were celebs.


Just FYI: I don't have pictures from the booths we went to because of infringement reasons.

We went to a seminar held by Fashion Snoops who gave us the low down on Spring 2012 forecasts.  How they do this stuff, I have no clue.  But I took a photo of the seminar room.  I felt sneaky.



Stay tuned for Day 2!

I've got the MAGIC in me,
Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...