Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MAGIC in Vegas - Day 3

Ah, our third and final day in Vegas, and we were exhausted.  Lots of talking, buying and walking.  Instead of going back to the Women's WWD MAGIC floor, we decided to go to the POOL Trade Show at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.  What made POOL different was it was more of an Urban feel.  New designers usually show at POOL where they featured plenty of T-Shirt designs and jewelry.  I went straight for the jewelry and bought 5 different vintage pieces I'll be selling on Hannah Zier.  I love them and want them for myself, but I have to think of you first!

Here was what I wore on Day 3.  A seemingly simple outfit that I actually got complimented on!  Several different people commented on how they liked my color combo, and at first, I though people were just referring to liking the song "Black and Yellow".  But after 3 comments, I thought, hmmm maybe it is a pretty neat combo!  Sorry, side note of self promotion there....


Entrance of the POOL Trade Show...no pictures inside.


The POOL Trade Show was pretty small, so we ran through there quickly.  Around 2PM we were done for the day, but our flight wasn't leaving from Las Vegas Airport until 11:20PM.  What now? Well, I played with my iPad a little bit (which came in handy the whole trip!); then, decided to go on a walk.  I love walking with people, but sometimes going on a walk alone is what I really need.  Gave me some time to think about all we'd done the past few days...

This is a view from a bridge crossing from the Luxor over to the other side of the strip where the M&M Store is.



As I was walking, I came to a small shopping mall with BIG name stores.  This mall had all the super duper expensive designers in it, so of course I had check it out!  Love a good window shop.


To get there, I had to walk across a bridge to get back to the other side.  It was incredibly windy that day, and it's apparent by the trash bag that left the bin and was flapping around in the wind.  Hopefully there was no trash in there when this started happening--ew.


Inside the mall, I took pictures of the FENDI and Stella McCartney store fronts because they were amazing!  This FENDI one looks like an architectural blue print.




The Stella McCartney store had an amazing window display.  Check out the mannequins.


They had flower bouquets as heads ~ LOVE IT.


After my stroll, I went back to the Luxor to meet everyone.  At 6PM we left to go the the airport thinking "the line will be huge."  It wasn't.  We went through check-in and security in record time and had 5 hours to kill before our flight took off.  We decided to eat dinner at CPK, which leads me to this next picture.  Yes, it's of a straw, but a straw with a closed end!  I thought this was a little gem because how often do you come across a one ended straw?  (Okay, we were tired and at this point anything was entertaining to me.)



I hope you guys enjoyed my little 3-day rundown on our Vegas trip!  I cannot wait to get Hannah Zier up and running, and hope you all like it when it's live :).

Love,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...