Saturday, July 2, 2011

Things I love about the 4th of July...

Let me preface this post with the fact that the 4th of July is MY FAVORITE holiday. Today (Saturday) we are taking the liberty (pun intended) to turn the 4th of July into an entire weekend celebration...I mean, we do have Monday off!

Now, here is why I love the 4th of July (and why everyone else should too):
  • Friends. 4th of July is one of those holidays you can celebrate with allll of your friends and family.  It's not a friend-only or family-only holiday. It's a holiday for everyone---even strangers.
  • Wearing red, white and blue. Duh. It's great. It's like dressing up for college theme parties, but I'm not in college anymore.  One can dream.
  • BBQ. Burning charcoal, grilled corn on the cob, hotdog buns with ketchup (Frankfest?! Anyone?), pickles.
  • Drinks. Themed, of course.
  • Decorations. Including firework straws, per my photo below.
  • Beach. Backyard!!! Sun, blue skies (I hope), fluffy clouds and tans.
  • Get a day off of work.
  • Country music. It's Amuuurica.
I'm sure I can think of some more reasons as the day goes on...


Red, white and blue,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...