Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Golden Globes - Move over Fashion Police, there's a new Sheriff in town

I love when award season comes around because I get to watch the always hilarious Joan Rivers bad mouth (sometimes compliment) the fashion on the red carpet.  It used to just be a few episodes of the Fashion Police, but now I can see Joan every Friday night on E!.  Granted I don't catch most episodes, but when I'm flipping through channels and it's on, you bet I'll be watching.  Her commentaries are classic, and along with her and her co-hosts, I have my own opinion on the red carpet's fashion dos and don'ts.  Below I've picked out a handful of little gems from the Golden Globes, along with some not so little gems (should they be called boulders?).  You can find more pictures from the red carpet at the Golden Globes on The Daily Beast!

I kind of like this outfit--a lot.  I don't think Anne Hathway has ever looked better.  I started off with this dress because as you scroll down, you'll notice a trend of high necklines.  I love it!

Anne Hathaway in Giorgio Armani Prive
 Hm, not so big a fan of this high neckline.  It looks like a tapered mumu.

Angelina Jolie in Versace

She always takes risks (have you seen the blue dress from last year's Emmys?) and I think it's awesome.  Plus she's really, really hot.
 
January Jones in Versace

 Not sure what's going on here.  I like hot pink, but I don't think I would ever make the drape-y curtains in my house that color.  Looks like she left the other half at home, but remembered to bring the tassel (in her left hand).

Julianne Moore in Alber Elbaz

Not only did she star in one of my favorite movies (Temple Grandin), but she also wore one of my favorite dresses at the Golden Globes.  Yes, another high neckline.

Claire Danes in Calvin Klein

I actually think this dress has gills on there somewhere.

Tina Fey in L'Wren Scott

The dress?  It's cute.  The hair?  Disaster.  Her bangs have more whisps than that dress.

Sandra Bullock in Jenny Packham

Interesting choice on this one.  I mean, she did play Catwoman.  Guess she kept the costume.

Halle Berry in Nina Ricci

J. Lo or Kim Kardashian?

Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad

Love her show.  Love her character.  Love how she's not afraid to wear a dress that draws your attention to her top half.

Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang

Cricket...Cricket...

Nicole Kidman in Prada

She's blonde!  Another high neckline.

Emma Stone in Van Cleef & Arpel

Preggo has never looked so good (seriously, she's pregnant).  The rose detail in the middle makes the dress!

Natalie Portman in Viktor & Rolf

Stay tuned for little gems from the SAG Awards next time!

Love,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...